Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
O'Death w/ Lonnie Walker and Why are we Building such a Big Ship
Thursday, September 1, 2011 at 8:00 PM (EDT)
Durham, United States
One of my favorite bands, from way back. So excited they're playing the space.
O'Death - A spooky, intense blast of noisy, unhinged Americana
filtered through an post-industrial, science fiction lens. The sound
of fiddles and banjos clash with clattering percussion to create a
woozy, surreal barroom sprawl that is equal parts wild west and
no-future. Touring through town after a sutnning performance at the Pitchfork Festival.
Why are we Building such a Big Ship:
Friends from New Orleans. Members of Dark Dark Dark!
And of course, some of the best performers in the Triangle right now:
Lonnie Walker - A totally unique fusion of southern soul, alt-country,
dance music, and smart post-punk. Yes, all those things do go together,
and Lonnie Walker is proof.
When & Where
The Pinhook has become Durham’s premiere venue for live music, excellent DJ’s, basic chilling, and collaborative creative events. Here’s what we got:
- Weekends of Musical Mayhem- featuring the best bands from The Triangle, North Carolina, and well beyond.
- Weeknight Monthlies like Open Mics, Open Jams, Karaoke, Trivia, and DJ sets.
- THE GREATEST BAR STAFF IN THE UNIVERSE!
- Pool, Tekken, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Backgammon, Scrabble, etc. (and people with whom to play these games)
- CHEAP. DRINKS. $3 Tallboys, $2 PBR, $1.50 Schlitz, $4 Well Drinks Monday-Wednesday.
- Nightly specials – the perfect way to make cheap drinks even cheaper.
- A PATIO OUT BACK! OUR PATIO IS SO AWESOME. I LOVE YOU, PATIO.
But the most important thing we have is YOU. The Pinhook is YOUR place. We believe that communities thrive when there is a public place for their citizens to be themselves, whether on stage or on a barstool, relaxing or rocking out. For Durham and the Triangle, the Pinhook is that place.
You gotta make your own fun in life, but we’re here to help.